Tamil Nadu Medical 2016 Merit List – The merit list of Tamil Nadu 2016 will be released on June 17 by Selection Committee Directorate of Medical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu. The Tamil Nadu Medical 2016 merit list will have candidate’s name, AR number, state rank and category. Tamil Nadu Medical merit list 2016 will be prepared after normalization of marks obtained in Class XII in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology and Botany) subjects. While preparing the merit list are reservation criteria, community categories, inter-se merit, etc. will be also considered by the Selection Committee.
Tamil Nadu Medical 2016 merit list will be prepared according to the marks secured by candidates in Science subjects at 10+2/HSC. While deriving merit list the marks of class 12/HSC will be reduced to the base of 200 marks. The secured in different boards will be taken into account after normalization.
Admission to approximately 2172 MBBS seats in 19 Government and 85 BDS seats in 1 Dental College of Tamil Nadu will be done on the basis Tamil Nadu Medical merit list 2016. Besides this the merit list will also be the basis for admission to thousands on MBBS and BDS seats in 13 medical and 18 are dental Self Financing institutions. The examination will prepare merit list based on the Tamil Nadu Medical 2106 cut off score.
How Tamil Nadu Medical 2016 Merit List is calculated:
- Percentage of marks Biology subject derived after normalization
- Percentage marks in Zoology and Botany taken after normalization
- Percentage marks secured in Physics and Chemistry taken together
- Weighted Total Marks for a maximum of 200
- Weighted total marks for a maximum of 200 Biology + Physics and Chemistry or Botany and Zoology + Physics and Chemistry
- The percentage and the weighted total should be accurate to two decimals
- Marks obtained in the Science subjects at HSC/10+2 in the first appearance will be taken into consideration for the allotment of seats to the candidates
- The improvement marks in +2 examinations of any year will not be considered, also the marks obtained through part by part appearance in +2 examination will not be considered including for natives of Tamil Nadu who have passed any other equivalent examination from other boards/states
- If claiming of improvement marks for selection to MBBS / BDS is detected at any point of time it will lead to cancellation of selection and removal of his/ her name from rank list
Normalization of Marks – Under the method of normalization the highest mark obtained by the students of various Boards in each subject will be equated to the highest mark obtained by the students of State Board in that subject. And the relative marks obtained by other students in that subject will be determined accordingly.
The marks obtained by the students in the 10+2/HSC conducted by the various other Boards or Authority shall be equated with the marks obtained by the students in the same subjects conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu by adopting the method of normalization.
There will be no entrance exam for Tamil Nadu Medical Admission 2016, candidates will be admitted to MBBS and BDS programmes based on their 10+2/HSC marks.